zaterdag 6 juni 2015

Flowerfaces, inspired by a video of Shawn Petite

This spread was inspired by a video on You Tube by Shawn Petite. If you don't know her I strongly advise you to check her out, she makes wonderfull art.
So the background was made the way she did in this particular video.
This is how I started; I glued bookpages from an old book down and from an old leaflet about babycare. I wanted to keep some of the pictures showing through, but I'm afraid that plan fell apart.
I then scraped some gesso on with a palette knife and after drying did the same with some greens and blues. I drew out the stems and leaves with a pencil and stamped the flowers. They were coloured in with Inktense pencils. Along the bottom I stamped with an Indigo Blu stamp for some shrubbery.
I then made two circles, one the same size of the smaller and one of the larger circle stamp. Inside I painted mixed media faces with acrylic paint. The petals were cut out of a gelli plate print with a Magnolia flower die and glued on. Shading was done with a brown Pitt pen.
I stamped some gesso with bubble wrap here and there, and stamped the sentiment with a typewriter stamp set. The wavy bit was done with Archival ink and a stencil.
Hope you like my spread. I thank Shawn for her inspiration! Love her videos! Have a nice day you all, hugs Frea




1 opmerking: